Procedures For Men
- About Natural Tissue Flap Reconstruction
- DIEP – Tummy Tuck Flap
- Deep Interior Epigastric Perforator (DIEP) Flap
- DIEP – Implants
- PAP Flap (Posterior Thigh)
- GAP Flap (Buttocks Area)
- Stacked Flap Procedures
- About Mastectomy & Reconstructive Surgery
- Nipple Sparing Mastectomy
- Skin-Sparing Mastectomy Before Breast Reconstruction
- BRCA 1 & 2 Gene Mutation and Prophylactic Double Nipple Sparing Mastectomy
- Oncoplastic Surgery
- Fat Injections to Breasts
- Lumpectomy Defect Reconstruction
- Corrective “Revision” Breast Reconstruction
- About Second Stage Surgery
- One-Step Implant Reconstruction
- SIEA Reconstruction
- Lumpectomy and Breast Lift (Mastopexy)
- Vascularized Lymph Node Transfer
New Orleans Tummy Tuck Surgeon
Are you tired of seeing loose or sagging skin around your belly? You’re not alone. Sagging skin is common after pregnancy, weight loss, or simply aging. Fortunately, you don’t have to simply accept that this is how you’ll look for the rest of your life. Instead, join the countless others who’ve decided to take action and do something about it. New Orleans cosmetic surgeon Dr. Ali Sadeghi and his team can discuss the options available to you, including a tummy tuck – a.k.a. abdominoplasty – to help you address:
- loose or sagging abdominal skin
- stubborn belly fat
- separation of abdominal muscles
- stretch marks in the abdominal area.
We’ve proudly helped people just like you in New Orleans address these stubborn issues and restore their image and self-confidence. Our mission is to help the New Orleans area with stubborn issues, resulting in a restored self image and confidence.”
Since everyone has different goals and bodies, we will customize your procedure to your specific wants and needs. There are a number of options when considering a tummy tuck, including full, extended, or mini (which is the least invasive type of tummy tuck). A full tummy tuck reduces excess skin and fat throughout the abdomen, while an extended procedure contours the entire midsection. Our team will provide a thorough consultation to understand your goals and what you’d ultimately like to see from the procedure. We are confident that we can find an option that fits your goals, and we know that you’ll be thrilled with the final result.
There’s no risk to call us and schedule an appointment to discuss our procedures, so call today and find out how we can help you restore your appearance and your self-confidence.
Who Can a Tummy Tuck Help?
Having a flatter, firmer midsection can dramatically improve your appearance and self-confidence. Clothes will fit and look better and you’ll feel more confident and comfortable in your own skin. These procedures are popular with both men and women, and are ideal for anyone who:
- Is dealing with stretched and sagging skin and muscles after pregnancy
- Has lost weight through diet and exercise, but your abdomen still lacks tone
- Have lost a significant amount of weight, but now needs to address loose, excess skin around your belly
- Have always been in good shape, but simply can’t get the firm, flat tone in the abdomen that you’ve always wanted
As our satisfied clients will tell you, a tummy tuck can help you achieve the flatter, contoured abdomen that you’ve always wanted but never thought you could have.
What Can a Tummy Tuck Improve?
People seek tummy tucks for a wide variety of reasons, both cosmetic and medical. If you need to restore your figure or address issues that are causing you pain, it can be tremendously helpful. Some of the benefits include:
- Improved abdominal tone – A tummy tuck will flatten and shape your abdomen, which will make your clothing fit better and look better on you.
- Improved posture – After extreme weight loss or multiple pregnancies, stomach muscles can expand, making the belly stick out more. A tummy tuck tightens these weak muscles, while removing excess skin, to flatten the abdomen. After a tummy tuck, patients may notice that their posture has greatly improved because of the tightened muscles supporting their spine.
- Decreased back pain – Back pain is another common issue that can be treated with a tummy tuck. After significant weight loss or pregnancy, women may complain of back pain due to weakened stomach muscles. In flattening the abdomen and removing excess stomach fat, the result is abdominal support that can alleviate your back pain.
- Reduction of stress urinary incontinence – After a vaginal birth, some women can develop Stress Urinary Incontinence (SUI), where urine leaks out with pressure on the bladder and urethra, causing the sphincter muscles to open. This leakage can be brought on by exercising, coughing, sneezing, or laughing. While SUI can usually be treated without surgery. Studies have shown that a tummy tuck can aid some women in recovery, especially in those who have not had a caesarian section. During a tummy tuck, a slight bladder obstruction is created using soft tissue near the pelvic region, which reduces incontinence.
- Corrected ventral hernia – A ventral hernia is a bulge of tissues through an opening of weakness within the abdominal wall muscles. It may occur at any location in the abdominal wall. This hernia may develop for an array of reasons, including abdominal weakness resulting from extreme weight loss, a cesarean section, or an appendectomy. A tummy tuck can correct a ventral hernia by addressing weakened abdominal muscles and reducing pressure on the skin.
What is the Cost of a Tummy Tuck?
In 2018, the average cost of a tummy tuck was $6,253, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. However, tummy tuck costs can widely vary. To get an idea of what you can expect to spend, schedule a consultation with Dr. Sadeghi.
What is the Timeline for Recovery from a Tummy Tuck?
Your recovery time will vary based on the depth of your tummy tuck and whether you undergo a full, extended, or mini tuck. Many patients can return to work after a couple weeks. It’s important that you avoid strenuous activity for at least six weeks after your procedure. Make sure that you eat healthy meals high in protein and vitamins after your surgery, as this will help prevent complications and give your body the nutrients it needs to heal. During your consultation and throughout your process with Sadeghi Center For Plastic Surgery, we will provide you with accurate timelines and information specifically tailored to your procedure. Dr. Sadeghi.
Will I Have Scars After a Tummy Tuck?
Tummy tucks usually result in some scarring. Scarring can be more severe in some patients than others. Scarring depends on how much skin is being removed and how well your body heals. Dr. Sadeghi’s skills and cutting-edge techniques will lead to as few scars as possible. Dr. Sadeghi has been widely recognized for his skill with these procedures, which is why he’s one of the preferred cosmetic surgeons in New Orleans.
With each procedure, Dr. Sadeghi will be focused on delivering beautiful results, which means minimal scarring whenever possible.
Why Should I Choose Dr. Sadeghi To Perform My Tummy Tuck?
Dr. Sadeghi is a double board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in cosmetic plastic surgery and reconstructive breast surgery. In addition to his extensive education and world-class surgical training, Dr. Sadeghi has successfully performed thousands of surgeries, including tummy tucks, throughout his career. As Founder and Medical Director of The Sadeghi Center for Plastic Surgery, Dr. Sadeghi is committed to the complete care of his patients.
Our tummy tuck patients will enjoy full-service care in our welcoming, spa-like environment. We use cutting-edge surgical techniques to achieve the best-looking results for our patients here in New Orleans. There is a reason why so many people in our community have trusted Dr. Sadeghi and his team with their tummy tuck procedures, so contact us to find out why.
Frequently Asked Questions About Tummy Tuck Surgery
Are you considering getting a tummy tuck? Dr. Ali Sadeghi serves patients from across Louisiana, and he is ready to help you achieve the look that you desire. Contact his knowledgeable team at our office in Metairie to schedule a consultation, and read some of our frequently asked questions below.
Will the results last?
Yes. As long as your weight remains stable, tummy tucks are usually a “one and done” procedure. While your skin will age over the decades, it typically never gets back to the looseness that you may have experienced prior to the tummy tuck.
Is a tummy tuck painful?
Tummy tucks have historically been one of the more painful operations that plastic surgeons performed. However, in recent years, the development of new ways of controlling pain has helped a lot. One important development is long-lasting anesthetics that provide significant pain control for up to 3 days without the need of a tube. Pain control means that less narcotic pain medicine will be required, thus, less chance of a reaction to the drugs.
How long will swelling last, and do I need drains?
Swelling is part of the body’s healing response. Fluid collects around the surgery site to protect healing tissues. Swelling can be uncomfortable and will hide your final results for a couple of months following your tummy tuck. Drains are often placed to collect excess fluid and relieve pressure on your abdomen, which can greatly improve comfort during the healing period. Drains are usually removed after a week. After that, time and adherence to Dr. Sadeghi’s instructions are your friends for complete healing. Once your results are final, you will enjoy the benefits of a firmer, slimmer belly for years to come.
Will a tummy tuck help my stretch marks?
That depends on the severity of the stretch marks and where they are located. Tummy tucks typically do improve the appearance of stretch marks. A full tummy tuck removes most of the skin in the lower abdomen, and stretch marks in this region will be removed along with the loose skin.
Can I get pregnant after a tummy tuck?
Yes, all the sutures used dissolve and will not prevent you from having a normal pregnancy. However, it is recommended that patients who are done having children consider a tummy tuck, so they don’t lose the benefits of the surgery.
What Complementary Procedures Do You Offer?
To learn more about the procedures, Dr. Sadeghi would be happy to meet with you during a consultation. Contact the Sadeghi Center for Plastic Surgery today to schedule your appointment.
“Dr. Sadeghi is a true class act. He’s extremely knowledgeable, meticulous and passionate about his work and it shows. I was so nervous when I first consulted with him, but he made me feel so comfortable and really worked with me in regards to the outcome I wished to achieve. Throughout the consult/surgery/post-op process, he always showed the utmost respect for me and assured me that we were going to achieve the most natural results as possible (which was very important to me). I highly recommend him to anyone looking for a plastic surgeon - whether it be reconstructive or cosmetic. He knows his stuff and will help make you feel like the best version of yourself!”
“Great staff!! So caring! Dr. Sadgehi is amazing! He took such good care of me! I am EXTREMELY satisfied with the results of my surgery! 100% recommend him if you wanna have any work done! You won’t be disappointed!!”.
“Dr. Sadeghi is leading the industry with cutting edge technology. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. EM-Sculpt is what I use, just before a photo shoot or that weekend beach trip. If you haven’t been to see Ali yet and are looking to just feel better in your own skin, then get over there!”.
“Dr. Sadeghi and his team were so friendly and professional. The lady at the front desk kept checking in and updating me letting me know when I was next. He took his time and delivered the results I wanted. Very happy! This was my first experience and I will definitely be back!”.
“Dr. Sadeghi and his staff are THE BEST! They are very sweet and welcoming. Dr. Sadeghi gave me exactly what I asked for with fillers. Great experience and will definitely be back!”.